COVID-19 Update

Contact your local Ford dealer Boland Motors, New Ross

Boland Motors

Waterford Road
New Ross

Co Wexford

Telephone: 051 421403 Fax: 051 421533 Email: [email protected]

New Ross

Rating 4.9 Based on 54 reviews

Ford Dealer, New Ross, Co. Wexford

In 1923, Andrew Boland - General Merchant, Whitechurch, New Ross, Co. Wexford - expanded his existing business to include a motor hire service. He purchased one Ford Model T lorry and one Ford Model T car. This service provided the local economy with a badly needed boost in mechanised transport, as newly independent Ireland emerged from its civil war. It proved to be an instant success and was widely availed of by both private and business customers. Routine maintenance was carried out at Whitechurch.

In 1930, Andrew Boland added to his fleet when he purchased a new Ford Model A saloon car, fitted with a 14.9 H.P. engine to be used as a hackney car. The very first fare-paying passenger was Mrs Tottenham of Killowen House, New Ross. Throughout the 1930s, Andrew Boland's hackney and motor hire services operated until the fuel-starved years of the 1939 - 1945 Emergency (World War II) brought business throughout Ireland almost to a standstill. Business slowly returned to normal after 1945 and in 1948 Andrew Boland's sons, John and James, commenced selling second-hand cars from the family premises at Whitechurch. In 1956, they opened a self-drive car hire business, with an office on the Quay in Waterford to handle enquiries.

In 1958, they secured a Morris sub-dealership, which gave James and John access to the new car market. New and used car sales expanded and in 1965 the Boland brothers opened a filling station in New Ross town. Within twelve months, they secured a Ford dealership for this premises, allowing them to expand into commercial vehicle sales for the first time. During the late 1960s and early 1970s, very successful annual car auctions were held in the New Ross facility.

The Ford Model T, on display in Boland Motors showroom, was manufactured in Detroit in 1912. It is fitted with a 20 horsepower, 4 cylinder side valve engine, coupled to a unique panetary transmission, giving two forward gears and one reverse.

Between 1908 and 1927 over 14 million Model Ts were manufactured and in 2000 the Model T was chosen as Car of the Century.

The Irish Model T Club was established by John Boland (our Managing Director) in 1990 and today has over 20 members. Each year a very successful rally is held in different parts of Ireland.

Department contact details

New Vehicles

  • Seamus Boland

    Dealer Principal
    Email

  • Francis Bennett

    Sales Manager
    Email

  • Pat Delaney

    Sales Executive
    Email

Opening Times

Mon-Sat: 09:00 to 18.00

Used Vehicles

  • Seamus Boland

    Dealer Princpal
    Email

  • Francis Bennett

    Sales Manager
    Email

Opening Times

Mon-Sat: 09:00 to 18.00

Commercials

Service

  • Isobelle Maclennan

    Service Administrator
    Email

Opening Times

Mon-Fri : 09:00 to 17:30

Bodyshop

  • Seamus Cullen

    Bodyshop Manager
    Email

Opening Times

Mon-Fri: 09:00 to 17:30

Parts & Accessories

  • Alex Furlong

    Parts Manager
    Email

Opening Times

Mon-Fri: 09:00 to 17:30

Sat: 09:00 to 13:00

Accounts & Admin

  • Clodagh Kehoe

    Accounts Administrator
    Email

Opening Times

Mon-Fri: 09:00 to 17:30

Test Centre

  • Mary Dempsey

    Test Centre Administrator
    Email

Opening Times

Mon - Sat: 09:00 to 17:30

Offers

View all the latest Promotions from Boland Motors

Dealer News

View all the latest news from Boland Motors



Reviews